Office/Retail Building on Corner of Main St and Culpeper St in Warrenton5 Culpeper Street Warrenton, VA 20186
Prominent office and retail building on Main St and Culpeper St in Old Town. Walk to Courthouse, coffee, restaurants. A lower level with large open area fronting Culpeper St, formerly Caprice Café with exhaust fans and natural gas. 1,248 sf on Culpeper St level. Total Building area is 2800 sf.
20 Main Street was constructed ca. 1875 and first occupied by the White & Smith Store. From 1882-1887 it became the Latham & Green store in 1887 until it changed to the A & P Store in 1930 until 1939. Between 1939 and 1947 it became a restaurant then a Montgomery Ward's until the 1980's. This 1-story, 3-bay-wide, 8-bay-deep corner commercial building has arched brick panels and brick piers along the side. The copper pilasters and cornice are early 20th century. The blind arcade along Culpeper Street and the unusual post and lintel facade contribute architectural variety and visual interest along the streets-capes. The building is an excellent example of an Italianate style commercial building and represents the late-nineteenth-century commercial resources within the district. Although the building does not possess sufficient architectural or historical significance to qualify for individual listing in the National Register, it is a contributing resource the the Warrenton Historical District under Criterion C for architecture.
1,248 SF Lower Level On Culpeper Street: $850 A Month Plus Utilities
Map Link5 Culpeper Street
Warrenton, VA 20186